Thursday, April 24, 2014

April 24, 1944 - Letter From Cape Gloucester : Training


Dear Mother & All,

I'm still feeling fine & hope that all of you are the same. Had three letters from you at mail call today - one dated the 15th of April, one was an envelope full of clippings & the other was the traveler's cheques papers.  I'm going to fill the papers out, try & see the C.O. & see if he will sign them & then send them back.

I'm glad that you are still getting my letters O.K. and are able to read them.  We started our training again today & are now on schedule for the first time since being across.  We went on a conditioning hike this morning, which wasn't bad at all & had a lecture this afternoon.

Well, guess I'll close for now -
All my love,
Son

(Click Here For Full Size)

No comments:

Post a Comment