Tuesday, April 22, 2014

April 22, 1944 - Letter From Cape Gloucester : General's Inspection

Dear Mother & All,

I am still fine & hope that you are the same.  The only letter I've had in the last few days was a V-Mail from Baby Sister & she is still about as crazy as ever & still seems to have her preacher troubles.

We stood General's inspection this morning & that's the first one I've ever stood.  Most of the time it's our C.O., a first Lt., & then we have had the Major & Colonel a couple of times.  But there were all ranks this morning - two two star Generals, a one star General, a full Colonel, a Lt. Colonel, a Major, a couple of Captains and several Lt.'s.  And guess that it went O.K. cause I haven't heard anything about it.

All my love,
Son

(Click Here For Full Size)

No comments:

Post a Comment